There is no end. There is no beginning.

There is only the infinite passion of life.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Family

My family is entirely Christian-either Catholic or non denominational. This makes things difficult much of the time because they are not happy with me learning about Islam. I took my shahada October 16, 2009, 4 days after my 21st birthday. Two days later my step dad was in a motorcycle accident and has been in a coma ever since. Because of this, I have decided to not tell my family yet that I have converted. They do know that I am learning about Islam and am interested in it, and they are not at all happy. I have had sooooo many discussions about how I should not be learning about other religions and there is no true religion but Christianity and I will go to hell if I convert. These are not easy things to hear. It is also not easy to listen to slander against Mohammed (pbuh) and Islam from my step dad's side of the family. I know that I need to tell my family about my conversion, but I feel very selfish if I do it now because my mom is already so torn apart. Inshallah I will find the perfect time to tell her, and even more I pray that my step dad will wake up! Ameen.

No comments:

Post a Comment